[CentOS] OT: Suggestions for connecting a postfix to an sms box

Thu Feb 12 22:52:56 UTC 2009
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Am 12.02.2009 um 22:34 schrieb Erick Perez:

> Hi there,
> I would like to hear some hardware recomendations to connect our smtp
> server (postfix) to an external SMS box.
> Basically I am looking for a SMS box that takes messages via smtp and
> sends them via the SMS part.
> Has anyone here implemented a solution like this?
> I must use an in house sms box (GSM), I cannot use a service provider
> (such as internet smtp to sms providers).

I think we (well, my co-worker) built such a thing here (with kannel).
It will directly talk to the SMS-center at the carrier.

If you can buy them, I suspect that they are very pricey.
;-)

Also, you will of course also need a large-account at your carrier,
which will also cost a certain fee.

Rainer