[CentOS] tinydns/djbdns opinion poll

Fri Feb 13 01:08:30 UTC 2009
Bill Campbell <centos at celestial.com>

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009, Christopher Chan wrote:

>> FWIW, to bring this back to the djbdns topic, the *ONLY* configuration file
>> in our OpenPKG packaging of djbdns, daemontools, and ucspi-tcp is the
>> dnsroots.global file used by dnscache.  Each server installed is in its own
>> directory which is not affected by updates.
>
>uscpi-tcp? Where does that come in? rsyncing of the cdb file?

It's mostly to allow BIND sites to do zone transfers from djbdns sites.

>But yeah, thanks for pointing out that djbdns is zero maintenance save
>for its zone data which can be automated and therefore be to a large
>degree zero maintenance too.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

There is far more danger in public than in private monopoly, for when
Government goes into business it can always shift its losses to the
taxpayers.  Government never makes ends meet -- and that is the first
requisite of business. -- Thomas Edison