[CentOS] clamAV problem

Sat Feb 14 17:35:32 UTC 2009
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Anne Wilson wrote on Sat, 14 Feb 2009 16:12:47 +0000:

> > that is userhomedir/tmp/clamd.socket
> >
> Kai, I'm lost.  That's what I touch'd, so it does exist.

Read again, this is "userhomedir/tmp/clamd.socket" and not
"/tmp/clamd.socket". clamd does not use the socket
"userhomedir/tmp/clamd.socket" unless you tell it to do so. And freshclam
does not try to signal to that socket unless it cannot find the correct
clamd.conf or has some other problem that you created. Find out why your
freshclam is trying the wrong socket.
If you installed clamav from rpmforge, it works out of the box.
There is nothing needed to be touched, remove that touched file!
Check your clamd.conf that the correct socket gets used, check
freshclam.conf that the correct clamd.conf is read and start clamd.
There's nothing else to do.
And if you don't need clamd, there's no need to install it or signal to
it. So, tell it not to signal.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany