[CentOS] ma78gm and esata

Mon Feb 16 02:48:55 UTC 2009
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

> Jerry Geis wrote:
> >/ Hi all,
> />/
> />/ my motherboard ma78gm is working.
> />/ I am trying to get working the esata.
> />/ I plug in my external driver, power cycle the external drive.
> />/ then turn on my machine.
> />/ My drive sda is detect as normal. however I dont see anything about any
> />/ other disk.
> />/ dmesg didnt show anything.
> />/
> />/ Is there something special needed to activate the esata drive?
> />/
> />/
> /
> silly question, is the esata chassis port connected to the
> motherboard?      if so, the esata port should be working just like any
> other sata port.

John,

Yes... it is connected to the motherboard. That would have been what I
suspected also that
the disk would show up just as any other disk. Very odd. Perhaps I'll
just wait for 5.3 unless
there is another suggestion.

Side note: I have an amd 6200+ and now an Amd Quad 940. There is
significant improvement in the 940.
Project compile went from 12 seconds down to 9.
Copying 12GIG file went from 8 minutes down to 5.
So now I'm waiting on 5.3 to see if ext4 helps that even more! Any day I
hope.

let me know if there are other things to try for the esata. Have a great
evening.

Jerry