[CentOS] network driver at installation time

Mon Feb 16 03:51:20 UTC 2009
Ian Forde <ian at duckland.org>

On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 22:34 -0500, Jerry Geis wrote:
> Is there anyway to load a network driver at installation time. Centos
> 5.2 x86_64.

Yep - it's definitely in the kickstart docs - don't remember where
though...

> Alternatively, is there a way to do a USB network driver at boot?

See above... ;)

> Either is fine... Presently I have a rtl 8168 that just hangs at DHCP
> request.
> I want to use all the kickstart information I have setup, but need the
> network to work for that.

>From what I recall, there's an entry to the start of the kickstart
something like "linux ks=whatever dd" or something like that... How to
automate it into unattended kickstart?  I haven't done that yet, so I'm
not sure.

	-I