[CentOS] clamAV problem

Tue Feb 17 13:56:51 UTC 2009
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 12:31:18 Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Mail List wrote on Tue, 17 Feb 2009 06:41:27 -0500:
> > So you did by no means break it.
>
> She broke it by changing the path for the socket. ;-)

Yes.  I had understood that I had to give it a suitable place for a local
socket.  It was, of course, totally unnecessary.  When I realised that a
socket existed in /var it seemed well worth trying simply commenting the line
out.  Bingo!  A plain misunderstanding on my part.

The help I got on this list prompted me to look in the right places for clues.
That's more valuable than a simple instruction that cures it :-)

Thanks again, all

Anne