[CentOS] Gpg-agent will not start

Wed Feb 18 19:30:06 UTC 2009
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Wednesday 18 February 2009 18:50:03 Lanny Marcus wrote:
> On 2/18/09, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:

> <snip>
>
> > Thanks, Phil and Rex.  Everything's absolutely fine, now.  That just
> > leaves the terrible konqueror problem, and no-one seems to have any ideas
> > on that. :-(
>
> Anne: Glad you eliminated that problem! I'm curious as to why you are
> using the Konqueror web browser. The version that comes with CentOS is
> quite basic. I use Mozilla Firefox 99% of the time, but there have
> been a few times when I needed to use Konqueror, to get into a few web
> sites. Lanny

I was trying to use Konqueror as a file manager :-)  The root konqueror (and
other users' konqueror) were all fine, but my ~/.kde got nuked during extreme
power problems in the village.  It's been  terrible fight to get everything
back and sorted, but I think this was the last problem.

(Have you ever tried file management without back/forward, split window, or
any of the other tools?  It's murder!  You can descend a tree, but you have to
start again at the top to go anywhere else.)
.
Anne