[CentOS] Gpg-agent will not start

Thu Feb 19 11:36:29 UTC 2009
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Wednesday 18 February 2009 23:36:33 Lanny Marcus wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> > On Wednesday 18 February 2009 20:25:44 Lanny Marcus wrote:
> >> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Anne Wilson
> >> <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

> <snip>

> >> <snip>
> >> Thank you for the explanation. If you use KDE (I rarely do, but we use
> >> some KDE Applications), I think that's the plan. To use Konqueror as
> >> your File Manager. Sounds like the Navigation is tough.
> >
> > When it's working properly it's a breeze, but everything that makes file
> > management possible is what I'd lost :-(  I'm a happy bunny now, though.
> > It's all working again, and (fingers crossed and hope fate isn't
> > listening) I think that gpg and konqueror were the last problems to iron
> > out.  They were also among the most important, though, after IMAP.
>
> Glad you have things up and running again. Since you use KDE, and to
> get closer to the topic of this thread, do you use KGpg? I've tried it
> a few times.

Yes, I've used it for years.  It integrates nicely with kde-pim, and gives a
gui interface that is great for quick checks on status, etc..  I still use
CLI, though, for serious maintenance.  Kgpg would probably do it well enough,
but I just get paranoid over some things :-) and take comfort in CLI output
(or lack of it, in some cases).

Anne