[CentOS] question on hwclock

Thu Feb 19 12:54:45 UTC 2009
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

> Hi,

> >/ I am trying to hwclock to set the time. (hwclock -w)
> />/ this is what I get on standard 5.2 x86_64.
> />/ hwclock: Open of /dev/rtc failed, errno=19: No such device.
> />/ Any thoughts?
> /
> Do you have SELinux enabled?
>
> Have you checked /var/log/audit/audit.log or /var/log/messages if the
> first doesn't exist?
>
> HTH,
> Filipe

Filipe,

I have selinux disabled.
 more /etc/selinux/config
# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#       enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#       permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#       disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
SELINUX=disabled

after running "hwclock --debug" the two files you mentioned above
did not have anything extra added.

audit.log just has stuff about drond

messages just has stuff about dhcp.

Jerry