[CentOS] iptables question

Fri Feb 20 17:23:51 UTC 2009
Dan Carl <danc at bluestarshows.com>

Ward.P.Fontenot at wellsfargo.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two servers in the same subnet, one has this arrangement:
>
> BOX A [3 ips, one real two vips]
>
> BOX B [1 ip]
>
> I need to redirect input from one of the vips (192.168.0.1:8080) on BOX
> A to BOX B (192.168.0.2:8080) and I'm about to pull my hair out. Can
> anyone lend a hand? All my searching leads me to home firewall type
> arrangements using DNAT. I tried to bend one of those to fit my
> situation but it was a no go (most likely due to my lack of knowledge
> with iptables)
>
> Paul Fontenot
>
> <snip> signature

Try this tutorial its long but thorough .
http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html
There are several examples that you should be able to craft to fit your
needs.
First you make a forward chain and then prerouting chain with DNAT.
Be advised if you don't have console access you can cut off your access
very easy with iptables.
Dan