[CentOS] new user - with questions

Sat Feb 21 16:34:53 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Michael Klinosky <mpk2 at enter.net> wrote:
> What is the situation with multi-media additions (e.g. SWflash, mpeg)?
> Do the repositories have decoders and such?

Follow on: You can get Google's Picasa for Linux. My wife uses it on
M$ Windows. I had her help me with it one day and she had no idea she
wasn't using Picasa on Windows. She said it is the same.  The only
thing I haven't gotten to work yet (I need to return to that problem
and spend time with it until I solve it!) is microphone output, when
using Skype on Linux. That's apparently a setting somewhere in Linux.
Many others on this list have Skype on Linux running properly. I also
have Google Earth running on Linux. Works well. Recently, we got a
Digital Camcorder. The kino video editor is quite easy to use. There
is another one that has a long learning curve, but it is extremely
powerful: cinelerra    HTH