[CentOS] RHSA-2009:0264-9 Kernel Security Update

Tue Feb 24 21:26:56 UTC 2009
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov>

Tru Huynh wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 03:53:28PM -0500, Mark Adams wrote:
>> Does this RHEL 5 security update not apply to CentOS 5?
>>
>> I've been waiting for a new kernel to be released by the CentOS team, but
>> it's apparently not coming?
>>
> it will come as update of the 5.3 release.

Given that the 5.3 release (plus updates) is still some indefinite time
in the future, some people may want to take advantage of Alan J.
Bartlett's pre-release kernels:

http://centos.toracat.org/ajb/tmp/kernels/

See this Forum thread for discussion on the issues:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18733&forum=37

There have also been problems with dependencies on newer packages (for
instance ecryptfs-utils) for some "pre-5.3" test kernels.  Can't vouch
for the above.  YMMV.

Phil