[CentOS] Python Matplotlib

Wed Feb 25 16:30:59 UTC 2009
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 2-25-2009 7:25 AM Raghu Narasimhan spake the following:
> I need to install python - matplotlib (pylab) on CentOS 4 with Python
> 2.4.6 (installed).
>
> Yum (with rpmforge) and/or apt-get isn't able to get anything relevant.
> Has anyone attempted this before? Even the offiical pages have no
> mention of CentOS.
>
> Do I need to add more to the repo file? I currently have base, update,
> addons, extras, centosplus, contrib.
>
> Thanks,

What you have done would be equivalent to buying a new automobile, and then
replacing the engine with one from another manufacturer. You are free to do
so, but you can't expect the dealership to be able to work on it anymore.

You are pretty much on your own. Sorry!

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and