[CentOS] GNU Screen - emacs mode frustration

Wed Feb 25 20:19:58 UTC 2009
Brian Mathis <brian.mathis at gmail.com>

To get a "Ctrl-A" to go to the bash shell to move to the beginning of
the line, use "Ctrl-A A", which sends the Ctrl-A through to the
program.

You can change the key to something else by adding the "escape"
command in your .screenrc.

bash in centos also usually understands the "Home" key on a regular PC
keyboard to move the cursor to the beginning of the line.