[CentOS] Firefox plugins gone (but only for one user)

Thu Feb 26 12:38:35 UTC 2009
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

Noob Centos Admin wrote:
> 2009/2/26 Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>:
>
>> Hi gurus
>> I have a CentOS 5.2 current x86_64 that has Thunderbird and Firefox working
>> well for one user account (my wife) but will not play nice for my account.
>>

> Have you tried creating a new profile (not new Linux account) in
> Firefox and see if the new profile will work with new installs of the
> plugins? In Windows, profile manager starts by running firefox
> -profilemanager, not sure exactly if the same works in Linux or you
> gotta to a firefox --profilemanager.

Well, that works, I ignored the default profile, asked to create a new
one and hey presto plugins are back.
Thanks
I do not know why deleting my .mozilla/ directory didn't do it the first
time.
However this does not fix it for the firefox started from the gnome
panel - it still has no plugins.
I deleted the default profile, it warns that it will delete all the
files in the .mozilla/ folder but still no good......
Still something wrong???
So now I have to launch firefox with firefox --profilemanager ??
Confused, why so complicated!!