[CentOS] Need to test serial port connection

Thu Feb 26 17:20:50 UTC 2009
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Anne Wilson wrote:

> It's a Liebert Personal XT 700.  The cable is supplied with the unit.

According to the NUT docs this UPS is supported by the usb driver,
are you connecting the USB cable with it or using a serial cable?

http://eu1.networkupstools.org/compat/stable.html

Getting USB UPSs to work with NUT can be tricky as well, at least for
me I typically have to force NUT to run as root otherwise it can't
talk to the UPS.

What are you doing to test the connection? Have you tried running
the NUT daemons in debug mode to see what they are doing(i.e. not
running it using the init script).

The driver specified by the NUT docs for your UPS is the same one I
had to use for one of my APC UPSs which is USB based.

nate