[CentOS] (a) WinPower RPM available? (b) where to install if use tar.gz file?

Fri Feb 27 18:17:13 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On 2/27/09, Joseph L. Casale <JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>I tried "yum install winpower" and the
>>response was "no package winpower available" (rpmforge is one of the
>>yum repositories I use, so it's not there, with that name).
>
> It's not, but that search method could be expanded:
> # yum list \*winpower\*
> # yum list \*win\*
> # yum list \*win\* |grep -i <you get the picture...>
> etc etc
>
> Try Apcupsd, it is a very complete enterprisable package that just runs
> well.

Thank you. I will give apcupsd a shot. We don't have any APC units,
but, possibly, it will work with our UPS. If not, I will try to get
WinPower running properly. I will also try your suggestions for
searching with yum.