[CentOS] (a) WinPower RPM available? (b) where to install if use tar.gz file?

Fri Feb 27 20:35:12 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On 2/27/09, Joseph L. Casale <JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>I tried "yum install winpower" and the
>>response was "no package winpower available" (rpmforge is one of the
>>yum repositories I use, so it's not there, with that name).
<snip>

> Try Apcupsd, it is a very complete enterprisable package that just runs
> well.

Apcupsd apparently runs with some of the UPS not made by APC, but
looks like it will not work with mine. Here's what's in the Service
data for apcupsd:

apcupsd (pid 6568) is running...
Error contacting host localhost port 3551: Connection refused

I'll stop that daemon, uninstall it and install nut. I like the name
better and hopefully it will work with this UPS.....