[CentOS] Wireless network connection problem

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Thu Jan 1 08:54:32 UTC 2009

Thomas Iverson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Thomas Iverson <ghosthomas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi all , i just met a strange problem about my wireless network , i
>> installed ipw3945 driver and it can detect the wireless network lists
>> around my laptop ,but , i can't connect to the wireless network even
>> under the right authority
>>
>> my centos 5.2 dectected my wirless network card as eth1 , it's really
>> strange , i think
>>
>> any help ? thx and wish you a happy new year :)
>>
>> --
>> Keep It Simple Stupid
>> Thomas X. Iverson
>>

> Hey , i connected to wireless network successfully with "dhclient
> eth1" , but still i can't connect to the network via network-managaer
> , how am i supposed to set my network-manager right ?

I  have myself a ipw3945 in my thinkpad r60 .. of course the ipw3945d
daemon has to be launched but i've had strange issues with
NetworkManager (current version). It seems that upgrading the
wpa_supplicant package from ATrpms testing repo solved the problem for
me (http://dl.atrpms.net/el5-i386/atrpms/testing/) but i had that issue
only with wpa2 though ...
I also hope that NetworkManager 0.7 (which is foreseen for el 5.3) will
solve a lot of problems ... let's see

--
-
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>