[CentOS] RH devel kernels for Centos repo

Vandaman vandaman2002-sk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 5 19:42:34 UTC 2009

Dag Wieers wrote:

> I would personally recommend to use the upstream kernels
> from Red Hat
> instead. My main motivation is that if you need to report a
> problem, you
> can do so directly to Red Hat without risking it to be a
> specific rebuild
> problem.

If those are just 5.3 beta kernels then it is best to just use
the upstream ones to fix any immediate issues and avoid repackaging
issues.

Perhaps the OP David Hrbáč's talents can be utilised elsewhere
in CentOS such as php which people ask for and they are told it
is in testing for 5 years?

Regards,
Vandaman.
Your average reporting time is: 4 hours; Great!
noob detector -> 3 noobs top posting.