[CentOS] Log File Reviewing

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Mon Jan 5 20:15:44 UTC 2009

On Jan 5, 2009, at 2:56 PM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:

>> The regex you want is "^[[:space:]]*word"
> Wow, thanks everyone for the help! How does one modify this to also
> knock out
> lines that *must* have whitespace followed by a number [0-9]? I can
> do it using
> "^[[:space:]]*[0-9]" but it also takes out lines w/o whitespace that
> begin with
> numbers?

will hit numbers with one or more digits.  to restrict the number of
digits, use something like

that, for example, should only hit lines that consist of at least one
whitespace character, then exactly two digits, then at least one non-
digit character.

If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v