[CentOS] Problem setting up diskless boot.

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Mon Jan 5 21:17:47 UTC 2009

OK, I did this once, several years ago, but I have
to do it again, and I cant figure out what this stupid error
message is trying to say.

I am executing

trying to create a diskless client for a diskless boot

I constantly get a popup, with different error messages.
I try to 'fix' something, and I get a different popup.
The current one says:

        You must enter directory of the Operating System Software
        This directory must include the images/pxeboot directories
        [Errno ftp error] 550 Failed to change directory.

Now there is nowhere to ENTER the directory of the OS Software,
the popup asks for
        Operating system identifier
        Select protocol for installation
        Server IP Address

So Im at a loss what to do.
Anyone done this recently and know WHAT THIS THING IS ASKING FOR???

                                        reg at dwf.com