[CentOS] BackupPC newbie: a couple more questions

Max Hetrick maxhetrick at verizon.net
Mon Jan 5 22:28:00 UTC 2009

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> Just shows how opinions can differ.
> I found the documentation very bad,
> at least for one with my needs -
> a home network on a few computers
> looking for a simple backup system.
>
> I should say that BackupPC _is_ a simple backup system
> once it is installed and configured;
> it is the configuring that I found absurdly difficult,
> given that I only had to make a couple of config choices,
> once I had worked out what they were.

I just put a guide up on the CentOS wiki a week or so ago.

<http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/BackupPC>

The goal was to kind of put together all these bits and pieces into one
simple to follow tutorial. It concentrates on using rsync to other
Linux/CentOS clients, but perhaps it might help you out.

Regards,
Max