[CentOS] font errors running Fpc v9.3 is a fingerprint database basically

Goodman, William

wgoodman at jcvi.org
Tue Jan 6 16:22:36 UTC 2009

Anyone,

 Fpc v9.3 is a fingerprint database basically.
http://www.agcol.arizona.edu/

I have downloaded the pre-compiled Linux binaries for 32 and 64 bit when
I try to launch them I receive this error:

 FATAL ERROR (ruid: null, euid: null, nodeid: null, program: null,
version: null, file: graphgdk.c, line: 194) - Can't load default font
8x13

When I click exit the program ends.

I have also compiled the source code with the required gtk2, glib2,
pango, cairo, atk, fontconfig, freetype2 and I still receive the same
error. I am running CentOS 5.2 64 bit - kernel 2.6.18-92.1.13.el5 #1 SMP
Wed Sep 24 19:32:05 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Can anyone there Help? Has anyone out there have this problem - I sent
this message to will at agcol.arizona.edu the developer but he has no
experience with fonts, and he is running the same kernel version (but
using RedHat)

Anyone please... working on this for a month now

Bill