[CentOS] Email/GroupWare Suite

Lars Schelde l.schelde at tum.de
Thu Jan 8 16:39:13 UTC 2009

Bo Lynch wrote:
> Just wanted to get some thoughts from the list.....
> We are a public k-12 school and are looking to migrate to a groupware
> style system for out staff to collaborate better. Currently we are
> using Squirrelmail/postfix for email. Does anyone have any
> recommendations/opinions. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I will consider Sun Java Communications Suite as a serious candidate.
Usermanagement is running in the Sun Directory Server. The calendarserver
integrates very well with thunderbird, outlook and the webinterface is quite

It is free, if You dont't need a support-contract.

Lars Schelde
Institute of Astronautics
Technische Universitüt München