[CentOS] Email/GroupWare Suite

Lars Schelde l.schelde at tum.de
Thu Jan 8 16:39:13 UTC 2009

Bo Lynch wrote:
> Just wanted to get some thoughts from the list.....
>
> We are a public k-12 school and are looking to migrate to a groupware
> style system for out staff to collaborate better. Currently we are
> using Squirrelmail/postfix for email. Does anyone have any
> recommendations/opinions. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I will consider Sun Java Communications Suite as a serious candidate.
Usermanagement is running in the Sun Directory Server. The calendarserver
integrates very well with thunderbird, outlook and the webinterface is quite
usefull.

It is free, if You dont't need a support-contract.

Lars Schelde
Institute of Astronautics
Technische Universitüt München
Germany