[CentOS] Update to Centos 5 anaconda kickstart %post bug?

Warren, Eucke EWarren at wms.com
Thu Jan 8 23:41:15 UTC 2009

Scott Silva wrote:
> You might want to hint to your legal department that unpatched servers
sitting on the internet are just waiting > to be hacked and exploited.
The fact that they make you sit with an older version without any
patches says that
> they have no idea how much damage can be done, or how much info can
leak from unpatched systems.

> Maybe if a million customer records leak out because they won't let
you patch systems they might update their thinking.

Not relevant.  These machines are not tied to any public network.  As
much as I appreciate the commentary and lessons you're not telling me
anything I'm not already aware of.  I'm simply seeking some insight on
this particular bug and, more generally, if there's a better way to find
status on something like this.  So far RP Herrold has helped most as I
was not aware that there's been much conversation within anaconda and
kickstart mailing lists.

Eucke