[CentOS] Update to Centos 5 anaconda kickstart %post bug?

Vandaman vandaman2002-sk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 15:41:43 UTC 2009

Per Qvindesland  wrote:

> If you want a official fix then get your self a redhat
> license, nothing
> wrong with the excellent help that one can get from this
> list but by
> supporting redhat you also in my eyes support centos.
>
> The only thing that I have noticed with RH support is that
> they are actually
> slower to release a fix or to come up with a fix then
> Centos, we have quite
> a few centos servers where I work and this was the reason
> for why we lowered
> our licenses to redhat and migrated some servers to Centos.

You might want to read up on why top-posting is disallowed on
many mailing lists. Even after sending you a polite offlist
reminder and a link to the guidelines you are still top-posting.

With regard to your wrong claim that "upstream support is slower
to release a fix than CentOS" I would ask you the following simple
question :-

1. What is CentOS and where does it come from?
2. Which fix is this that CentOS released before upstream?

Regards,
Vandaman.
Report another spam?
Your average reporting time is: 3 hours; Great!
noob detector -> 15 noobs top-posting.