[CentOS] Email/GroupWare Suite

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Jan 9 17:51:05 UTC 2009

on 1-9-2009 9:23 AM Bill Campbell spake the following:
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2009, Bo Lynch wrote:
>> Should I be concerned with the Licensing structure down the road? Meaning
>> in your opinion do you think that zimbra will close its door on the open
>> source model. Just don't want to demo something get everyone excited about
>> using it and have to migrate to something else.
> The thing I would be concerned about is the future of Yahoo.  If
> it is finally absorbed by the Borg of Redmond, history says that
> anything that competes with Windows will be dropped.
> Bill
You never know with them. But they have been making big reaches into the SAAS
model. I guess it is easier to charge monthly instead of depending on the "buy
a new version every few years" model they currently have.

If they could use it as the backend for hotmail, they could go against their
new best enemy Google!

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!