[CentOS] After BIND update owner changed and restart failed

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Jan 12 14:51:26 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 15:16 +0100, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> > Which really is strange, as only rndc.key gets "chowned" by the scripts
> > in the bind package.
>
> Maybe it's because I have bind-chroot installed?
>
> The script calls:
>
> /usr/sbin/bind-chroot-admin --enable > /dev/null 2>&1;
>
> as part of postinstall, and /usr/sbin/bind-chroot-admin
> contains a lot of chown/chmod stuff.
----
I have seen that myself...

On the bind master zones, I now put them
in /var/named/chroot/var/named/dynamic, chown the directory to
named:named, chmod g+w (the 'dynamic' directory) and seem to be good.

I also now use the following to restart bind (because of journal
files)...

rndc freeze && rndc flush && service named restart && rndc unfreeze

YMMV

Craig