[CentOS] (Semi-OT) Problems with Firefox

Sam Drinkard

sam at wa4phy.net
Mon Jan 12 18:55:57 UTC 2009

List,

    After I think the last or next to last update to firefox, I started
seeing some problems, wherein I no longer have a "back" function on any
pages or tabs.  Also, I get some kind of strange message....

 "Assertion Failed ASSERT:***Search:_installLocation: engine has no
file! Stack Trace: 0 ENSURE_WARN(false,_installLocation: engine has no
file!.2147500037)
1:()2:()3:()4:90:epsGetAttr([objectObject],hidden)5:906:907:currentEngine()
8:get_currentEngine()9:updateDisplay() 10:init() 11:([object XULElement],0)

    I realize this is not the proper place for FF related problems, but
thought I'd ask if someone else has seen something like this happen.
Prior to the last 2 updates, FF appeared to be working properly, and all
the forward/back buttons worked.

Assistance would be mighty helpful..

Thanks

Sa,