[CentOS] Creating an iso image of a audio CD with K3B

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jan 13 01:02:31 UTC 2009

Could it be this simple?

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Can you do this?  I have not found the options to get this to happen.
> So far I have seen how to read the Audio CD and make a directory of WAV
> files with a control file for later burning to CD, but I want an iso
> image that I can archive and burn audio CDs to use as they get used up.
According to:

dd if=/dev/hdd of=mycd.iso

So I figured out that my cdr/dvdr is hdb (k3b tells me so), so I try:

dd if=/dev/hdb of=mycd.iso

and get the errors:

dd: reading `/dev/hdb': Input/output error
0+0 records in
0+0 records out
0 bytes (0 B) copied, 0.0468789 seconds, 0.0 kB/s

The gnome panel shows the CD icon but the options are only to play the
CD or eject it.

I tried a umount /dev/hdb but am told it is not mounted per mtab.

Any ideas?