[CentOS] 3Ware 9650SE tuning advice

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Thu Jan 15 23:12:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 06:04:59PM -0500, Rob Kampen wrote:
> Ray, I've had good performance from xfs with large filesystems.
> What kind of files are you looking to use, lots of smaller files or large
> media files??

I was leaning towards using XFS as well.  We'll probably be handling a
lot of large files (VMware datastore).

In my initial tests the iSCSI target (tgtd) appears to run quite
quickly, whereas the NFS daemon gets bogged down and results in high
system load.

I'm not yet sure if I should be usin tgtd[1] or IET (iSCSI Enterprise
Target[2]).

Thanks,
Ray

[1] http://stgt.berlios.de