[CentOS] vixie-cron package from RHEL 5 FasTrack?

Alfred von Campe

alfred at von-campe.com
Fri Jan 16 19:30:39 UTC 2009

What is the best way to get the RPM described in the following URL
installed on CentOS 5.2:

   http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2008-0586.html

I have users who can't run cron jobs because their home directories
are NFS mounted, and I believe installing this RPM would fix the
problem.  I remember reading that the CentOS developers are working
on supporting the RHEL FasTrack mechanism, but other than that I am
not very familiar with the purpose and workings of FasTrack.  For
instance, will RHEL 5 Update 3 (and therefore CentOS 5.3) include
this fix?  Why wouldn't this RPM make it into the current update
stream since it was released 6 months ago?

Alfred