[CentOS] Tomcat Monitoring

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com
Tue Jan 20 12:37:32 UTC 2009

Hi
You will probably get better answers by asking on the tomcat users list.
See tomcat.apache.org.

Tomcat publishes its health statistics using jmx and if your developers
were thorough it is likely that application statistics would also be
available in jmx. There is a number of expensive and not so expensive
commercial tools to setup monitoring for jmx. Tivoli and AppManager
comes to mind. I believe there might be support for jmx monitoring in
cacti so that would be worth googling. Other than that a good test would
be to monitor output of a wget request to your tomcat server which gives
a good indiction of the health of your application server.

Also have a look at http://www.lambdaprobe.org/d/index.htm which is a
tool to monitor multiple tomcats with.

Regards