[CentOS] Compile Problem

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed Jan 21 04:00:26 UTC 2009

>If you'd tell us what it is that you're doing we can help out, or
>explain any one of a hundred ways that you're doing it wrong. Either
>one, really.

I was tearing my hair out trying to get mod_auth_ntlm_winbind working with
apache so I could later use adLDAP/Dokuwiki to migrate all our docs out of
Exchange Public Folders.

The goal was SSO in our AD domain. I had plain LDAP binding against the user
asking for permission to Dokuwiki which worked easy and was secure enough but
the goal was SSO...

I had a total brain fade on the mod_auth_ntlm_winbind compilation but got it
working, now I simply can't make apache authenticate a user? Firefox has the
network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris value defined yet simply keeps prompting
for authentication while this module causes apache to deliver something to ie
that it simply can't even render the page. Samba, Kerberos and winbind are all
configured right as the CentOS box has been joined to the domain, and wbinfo
and getent return logical data. It's clearly this module and apache that are not
working, but this is the only module that provides group support versus username
only mapping that I know of.

As much as I am getting to like Dokuwiki, if you can reco an easy to use wiki
that facilitates SSO from AD clients but runs on Linux I would be grateful. I
only have one IIS server and I can't/wont hack at that box, its far to critical.

I officially have no more hair.

jlc