[CentOS] Apache Server Tuning for Performance

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Jan 21 17:17:31 UTC 2009

Ralph Angenendt wrote on Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:52:59 +0100:

> That really depends. If you only shove out static pages and have one or
> two or three odd cgis on the machine, you can flatten down the httpd
> binary quite a bit by throwing out unneeded modules.
>
> 500 to 750 clients shouldn't be that much of a problem then ...

Sure it depends ;-) I do serve dynamic pages but by removing the really
unnecessary modules I made my httpds much faster (especially on pipelined
image downloads) and they only have some 10 MB (RES) per worker.

But I would expect that they are running the default set of modules.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany