[CentOS] [Solved] Firefox error msg.

Bob Taylor bob8221 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 05:24:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 22:31 +0100, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Bob Taylor wrote:
> > > Try "sudo xulrunner --register-global", because somehow firefox believes
> > > that it cannot find a working xulrunner instance on your machine.
> >
> > Your second request.
> > # xulrunner --register-global
> > #
> > This returns nothing.
>
> Yes, but does it work again after doing that? If not - try moving your
> .mozilla directory somewhere safe and try again. Firefox will build a new
> .mozilla directory then.

It occurred to me to rpm -e firefox and rpm -e --nodeps xulrunner. After
yum install firefox xlrunner completed, I successfully brought up
firefox.
Don't know what the problem was, but I'm happy now. Moving .mozilla had
occurred to me if reinstalling both firefox and xlrunner didn't work.
This is something I don't really want to do as I don't know where
firefox keeps my login/passwords.

Thanks for your input.
--
Bob Taylor