[CentOS] [Solved] Firefox error msg.

Bob Taylor bob8221 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 05:24:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 22:31 +0100, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Bob Taylor wrote:
> > > Try "sudo xulrunner --register-global", because somehow firefox believes
> > > that it cannot find a working xulrunner instance on your machine.
> >
> > Your second request.
> > # xulrunner --register-global
> > #
> > This returns nothing.
> Yes, but does it work again after doing that? If not - try moving your
> .mozilla directory somewhere safe and try again. Firefox will build a new
> .mozilla directory then.

It occurred to me to rpm -e firefox and rpm -e --nodeps xulrunner. After
yum install firefox xlrunner completed, I successfully brought up
Don't know what the problem was, but I'm happy now. Moving .mozilla had
occurred to me if reinstalling both firefox and xlrunner didn't work.
This is something I don't really want to do as I don't know where
firefox keeps my login/passwords.

Thanks for your input.
Bob Taylor