[CentOS] PHP 5.2 on Centos4

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Thu Jan 22 20:27:51 UTC 2009

John Clement wrote:
> Bit of an emergency as I'm told this laptop has to leave here in 15 minutes,
> I've gone ahead and configured, made, installed PHP 5.2 but an httpd restart
> still only sees the old PHP 5.0.4, I think there's a fairly simple way to
> get it to find the 5.2 version I've just installed but can't think what.

That's an easy one: Install it correctly.

> Any help gratefully received!

Did you remove the old one? Is the new one in the right place? Does httpd
know about it? Why do you compile software on your own when you don't know
how to do it correctly? Questions, questions, questions ...

Ralph

PS: This mail wouldn't have been that harsh had you given *any* information
	on what you did. But you didn't. And above is what my crystal ball told me
	to write.