[CentOS] OT? File order on CentOS/Samba server

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Thu Jan 22 20:53:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 20:46:29 +0000
Miguel Medalha wrote:

> I searched Google too, and I read that page. That doesn't work for us:
> the Windows users won't touch anything on the server (or Linux, for that
> matter) and I am not there every day.

The Windows users wouldn't have to know that they are "touching" anything on
the server.  If that script will in fact work and getting it to run at the
appropriate time is the only problem, then set up something from the Windows box
to trigger it on your server. "Click the pretty icon right here". The pretty
icon can set a flag or something on the server that your cron job can check for
and run if present.