[CentOS] Old Small Box

Agile Aspect agile.aspect at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 22:57:06 UTC 2009

Ross Walker wrote:
> Why is that? Old school habit or is there a real benefit?
>
> Swap performance should be equally good whether it be raw disk, raw
> partition, LVM logical volume or even a flat file on today's kernels,
> but maybe there is something I am unaware of
The downside of file system swap is when you reboot a machine
with a large amount of swap on the file system it can take
forever to get past the swap checking.

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of
the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers,
both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by
Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test
shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust
under the United States."