[CentOS] cpu load monitoring

Dougal Ballantyne dougal.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 09:16:33 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 1:56 AM, Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a server running Centos 5.2 and am implementing a GIS mapserver app. I
> have some sample logs from another implementation that give me an idea of
> bandwidth requirements but I would like to check the cpu load. I can not be
> at the server during the test and am interested in knowing if there is
> logging of cpu load available. Anyone have experience with this?
> Recommendations?

I use munin  for almost all my server monitoring. It is quite
lightweight and you can easily configure it to only record basic CPU
info or more detail as required. It is available in the EPEL
repository.

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/4/i386/repoview/munin.html

http://munin.projects.linpro.no/

-Dougal