[CentOS] OT? File order on CentOS/Samba server

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Sun Jan 25 16:29:43 UTC 2009

> Filipe, it is possible it is taking so long to do a "sort" because when
> doing it, it caches it on the client side of Distiller also + does it on the
> Samba Server to. IE; Sorts on Both Sides.

I tried it, several times, on a standalone Windows workstation and the
same happens.
I am not saying that the sorting takes too much time; the whole process
takes too much time.

And please note that it also happens with the runfilex.ps code provided
by Adobe, which does not sort but instead presents Distiller with a list
of files to process, instead of letting it rely on the dir order.
Sorting is not the problem here.