[CentOS] [OT] Anyone on-list using a Barracuda Spam Firewall?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Jan 26 22:11:30 UTC 2009

on 1-26-2009 1:09 PM Gary Greene spake the following:
> Normally I don't like posting on this list for off-topic info, but I need to
> know "un-biased" opinions regarding Barracuda's Spam Firewall as we're
> looking to get one soon where I work and I want to know any pros/cons before
> I stake my credibility on it for our spam fighting.
> If you've had good or bad experiences with one of these devices, please
> contact me _off_ list regarding this. I don't want to spam the list with a
> major OT thread. Thanks.
Before you completely settle on a Barracuda, look at this;

Last time I checked they were near half the price and way more effective, and
more easily customized.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!