[CentOS] Emergency rescue help needed

Thu Jan 29 23:46:12 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Chris Boyd <cboyd at gizmopartners.com> wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2009, at 2:44 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
>>> You said that the UPS is fully charged. I wonder if you need a UPS
>>> with larger capacity and if your UPS is working properly.
>>
>> I don't think there's any problem with the UPS (APC).
>
> I've seen APC rack mount systems shut down the power outlets when
> doing their self-test and the batteries were dodgy.

After reading that her village was on generator power, etc., I would
be suspicious of the health of that UPS. If the box has problems, it
may be because the UPS was unable to cope with the very heavy
prolonged workload. If the UPS does not have Automatic Voltage
Regulation, without using the battery, it would also have been working
harder?