[CentOS] Emergency rescue help needed

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Jan 30 00:42:48 UTC 2009

on 1-29-2009 4:29 PM Aldo Foot spake the following:

>>> I do have a UPS, and it's fully charged.  The system is just
>>> spontaneously rebooting or shutting down.
>> My first guesses would be the system power supply or the CPU fan.
>>
>> --
>>   Les Mikesell
>>    lesmikesell at gmail.com
>
> Yesterday I had a system shutting down on its own. It would power up
> and stay on, but I discover that the PSU fans were not spinning.  The
> failing fans explained a warning message at POST indicating that the
> system was overheating and needed immediate repairs.
>
> ~af
I have a recovered desktop at home that was my daughters. Sometimes it powers
up and shuts off, and sometimes it will die before it gets out of the post
screens. I suspect the CPU fan, but since I don't need the system right now (I
just gave her a better one so she is happy), it sits until I have time.

There are many ways a system can break, and some of them can be very difficult
to figure out without a bunch of spare parts you can swap.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and