[CentOS] can't install rrdtool, problems with dependancies

Rudi Ahlers rudiahlers at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 09:11:00 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 11:50 PM,  <jkinz at kinz.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 02:18:14PM -0500, Jim Perrin wrote:
>> Yes. I know it works as well. Since others had taken to smacking the
>> OP around immediately (even thought it was justified) I felt no need
>> to smack him again. By shifting the blame/reason/whatever to something
>> other than his system, I felt I might be able to draw out more
>> information to help. Consider it the 'good cop' portion of the
>> interrogation. :-)
>
> Now look, we give you those rubber hoses for a reason!.... :)
>
> --

don't worry about it, I didn't bother looking into this again. If the
client wants stats, he'll have to backup and reinstall.

The VPS is running CentOS 5.2 x64, btw, running cPanel. And the
problem comes from the fact that I dint' install an rpm, but relied on
building from source, as per a weblink I found on google. But since
CentOS isn't compatible with source files, I won't attempt this again.
If / when there are other rpm problems, then I'll just tell the client
to backup his data and reinstall.
--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers