[CentOS] Emergency rescue help needed

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Fri Jan 30 11:02:50 UTC 2009

Of
>Anne Wilson
>Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 11:20 AM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] Emergency rescue help needed
>
>> However, in some cases it's cheaper to just get a whole new UPS... 8-/
>>
>I know I was shocked at the price I had to pay last time I replaced the APC
>battery.  My favourite vendor sells a lot of Liebert PowerSure UPSs, so I
>presume they have had no problems with them, or they'd have given up by now.
>There is a large range, and the prices are good, but the only thing I can say
>is that I haven't heard anyone complain.  I'd prefer to hear a positive
report
>before buying.

Did you check Eaton Powerware? They are very competitively priced IMO. We
bought APC's before as well, but I felt the controller software was not as
smooth as it could've been and the battery replacement-programs very not that
good as Powerware's variants.

With UPS's I prefer a brand-name. If nothing else for the reason that they
stock batteries even to older models.
--
/Sorin