[CentOS] OT: Digital Video Editor for CentOS 5.2 - Suggestions?

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 15:58:34 UTC 2009

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Cinelerra.  It is very powerful, and Dag kindly added to his repo
>> quite sometime ago.
>> http://cinelerra.org/

> Akemi: A follow on to last nights message. After all this time, last
> night was the first time my wife wanted to edit a video. I went to bed
> about 1030 and have no idea what time she went to bed. This morning, I
> told her that Cinelerra looks like it might be easier to learn than
> "The Gimp" and that she can do it.

Brilliant! Thanks, Lanny, for sharing the lovely story.  It is always
nice to know that someone ditches the other OS and comes to Linux to
get jobs done.  From what you told us, your wife is no doubt a smart
lady.  I have yet to learn it (I know I'm behind) but I am already
benefiting from it via my video expert friend.

Akemi