[CentOS] Emergency rescue help needed

Fri Jan 30 21:27:12 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Anne Wilson
<cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> > I do have a UPS, and it's fully charged.  The system is just
>> > spontaneously rebooting or shutting down.
>>
>> My first guesses would be the system power supply or the CPU fan.
>
> I've changed the PSU for a better one, but it may have been not the PSU at
> all.  While fitting the new one my hand brushed against a sata cable, which
> came unplugged.  The connector had cracked.  I've replaced that too.

Cool. I  solved a variety of mysterious HW problems, recently, in two
boxes, by reseating a connector or replacing an EIDE ribbon cable.

I just put three (3) high end Tripp Lite UPS (AVR without using the
battery) into the garage to give away. Probably dead batteries and
other problems. Getting them fixed properly is a PITA here. We bought
two (2) non name brand UPS last Friday and when the store receives
more, we will buy another one. Much much cheaper and if they break
after warranty, I will put them into the garage.

Even if the battery in your APC UPS is fully charged now, I would
assume that it has been through the ringer, with what your village
experienced recently, power wise.