[CentOS] OT RHEL

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Sat Jan 31 08:45:35 UTC 2009

Per Qvindesland wrote:
> Hello List
>
> I am just wondering if anyone knows if RedHat did realease a power pc
> version of rhel 4, I have looked around and I see some packages that says
> that it is for rhel 4 ppc but I am a bit unsure since our suppliers says no
> there is only for version 5.
>
> Kind regards
> Per Qvindesland

There is a PPC64 RHEL4.x but you need an IBM Power machine (aka iSeries
, pSeries or JS2x blade) to use it .. so no PPC32 RHEL available for you
Mac .. but there was a CentOS 4.0beta PPC version that i installed on an
old G4 at home ..

Fabian Arrotin
  idea=`grep -i clue /dev/brain` ; test -z "$idea" && echo "sorry, init
6 in progress" || sh ./answer.sh